Hospital Compare datasets
These are the official datasets used on the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare Website provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. These data allow you to compare the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country.
- July 27, 2016 Update: Hospital Compare data have been updated. This release includes refreshes to measure data (see the Measure and data collection period table on Hospital Compare for data updates), the addition of the Hospital Compare overall ratings, and the release of OP-29 and OP-30 (colonoscopy follow-up measures). Results for the PSIs 03, 06, 07, 08, 12, 13, 14, and 15 are included in the Hospital Compare downloadable database, but are not incorporated into the “Compare Hospitals” feature of Hospital Compare. PSIs 04 and 90 are included in the “Compare Hospitals” feature, allowing consumers to compare up to three hospitals in their community side by side for these measures.
- May 27, 2016 update: Some providers’ data were not shown April 2016 Process of Care data. You can now access the corrected April 2016 Process of Care Data at the following link: Download April Fix Data.
- May 4, 2016 update: Hospital Compare data, originally scheduled for update on April 21, 2016, have been updated. This release includes refreshes to the measure data and the release of new measures for the Inpatient Psychiatric Program and Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
- An issue was identified affecting standardized payment data for outpatient claims used in the MSPB Measure for the January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 period. As a result, updated MSPB datasets can be found in the Hospital Compare archive files.
- IMM-3 and OP-27 are combined and reported as one measure rather than listing the measures separately. The Measure ID IMM-3_OP-27 includes data from both the inpatient measures IMM-3, and the outpatient measure OP-27.
- June 22, 2015 update: Get the April 2015 Process of Care Data for selected Critical Access Hospitals.
- For questions about the Hospital Compare data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.