Hospital Compare datasets
These are the official datasets used on the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare Website provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. These data allow you to compare the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country.
- May 27, 2016 update: Some providers’ data were not shown April 2016 Process of Care data. You can now access the corrected April 2016 Process of Care Data at the following link: April Fix Data.
- May 4, 2016 update: Hospital Compare data, originally scheduled for update on April 21, 2016, have been updated. This release includes refreshes to the measure data and the release of new measures for the Inpatient Psychiatric Program and Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
- An issue was identified affecting standardized payment data for outpatient claims used in the MSPB Measure for the January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 period. As a result, updated MSPB datasets can be found in the Hospital Compare archive files.
- IMM-3 and OP-27 are combined and reported as one measure rather than listing the measures separately. The Measure ID IMM-3_OP-27 includes data from both the inpatient measures IMM-3, and the outpatient measure OP-27.
- June 22, 2015 update: Get the April 2015 Process of Care Data for selected Critical Access Hospitals.
- For questions about the Hospital Compare data, contact email@example.com.