Hospital Compare datasets
These are the official datasets used on the Medicare.gov Hospital Compare Website provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. These data allow you to compare the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country.
- April 21, 2016 update: The update to Hospital Compare data, originally scheduled for April 21, 2016, will now occur on May 4, 2016. This release will include refreshes to the measure data and the release of new measures for the Inpatient Psychiatric Program and Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
- An issue was identified affecting standardized payment data for outpatient claims used in the MSPB Measure for the January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 period. As a result, updated MSPB datasets can be found in the Hospital Compare archive files.
- October 1, 2015 update: IMM-3 and OP-27 are combined and reported as one measure rather than listing the measures separately. The Measure ID IMM-3_OP-27 includes data from both the inpatient measures IMM-3, and the outpatient measure OP-27.
- June 22, 2015 update: Get the April 2015 Process of Care Data for selected Critical Access Hospitals.
- For questions about the Hospital Compare data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.